Monday, April 5, 2010

CAMIO

Under my search for Paul Revere I found that he was an excellent craftsman in Silver. He made bowls, spoons, sugar bowls, urns, platters, teapots, etc...
I never knew that he was such a craftsman. Neat!

When I searched Sioux I found a lot of artifacts from the Sioux and some recent art pieces by the Sioux. I was able to narrow my search by time period, which would help if I was looking for a specific era. The photographs were a good quality and you can get a lot of details.

I first did a search on Renoir and found lots of wonderful paintings, then I narrowed my search by typing Renoir bather and it did narrow the search to those that had bather in the title. I saw you could also narrow the search by format, date and subject. Pretty neat.

As far as how my committe could use this, at this point I am not sure how I would use this. I think it would be great for research, especially in the art field.

The favorites part is pretty cool, would be great for a presentation. I really liked the compare feature, so you could examine two works side by side. Pretty Cool!

1 comment:

Jane Heitman Healy said...

Hi, fpl! I just love playing in CAMIO! You are right that it may not be as useful in public libraries as in schools, but try to remember it when image needs arise (or you just want to look at pretty stuff!) :) Thanks for your comments.