Wednesday, February 13, 2013

ProQuest

1. While searching for Les Miserables I went under subject and just chose literary criticism and it gave me a bunch of reviews of the book. I found that a neat way to sort through all the possible hits you would have gotten otherwise. It is nice to be able to drill down to exactly what you want to save you time of sorting through all that yourself.

2. I really had trouble finding relevant material for this. I don't know if I was doing it wrong or what. But I tried several searches, such as, Hurricane Sandy AND Libraries, Hurricane Sandy then tried to drill down with subjects and such, and I would get results back, but not the impact on libraries per say. Maybe my searches were inaccurate and I need to keep trying, but I spent at least 30 minutes trying to find something that would work.

1 comment:

Jane Heitman Healy said...

Glad to help you discover the limiters in ProQuest to get where you want to go faster! We acknowledge the difficulty of #2 and assure you we did not intend it to be so! That said, you probably found items about how libraries were used as shelters and community centers and about possible grants for libraries. These are impacts, too. So pat yourself on the back, because you got good results, you just didn't know it! :) Sorry for your frustration.