Thursday, March 14, 2013

ArchiveGrid and CAMIO

ArchiveGrid- Material for Theodore Schultz can be found at Iowas State University. Even though you do not get full articles, I did find it interesting that he was involved and resigned in protest to the great "oleomargarine Controvery". He also won the Nobel Prize for Economics in 1979. Even though he was from South Dakota. There were none of his papers available in South Dakota.

CAMIO - Hunting for Victorian Era fashion was a little time consuming. I first tried Victorian Era Fashion and got no results. Then I tried just Fashion and I just got results from 1800, which is a little before the era I wanted. I tried dress and was able to narrow that down to 1843 which gave me 10 results including a really cool wedding dress! I also tried 1870 and got 14 results. This would give the student some resources to use. I also tried using the keyword clothing and found nothing in the correct time period. I think if you enjoyed art and photography you could spend hours browsing through all the images.

1 comment:

Jane Heitman Healy said...

Thanks for your good work here, fpl. You made good discoveries in both resources. We hope you will remember CAMIO when patrons ask for images or art. Thanks for your comments!