Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Net Library

This was a fun search to do, spent way to much time on it! The first search I did was on Mount Everest. I just did a keyword search and got a lot of results that had the word Mount Everest in it but didn't deal with Mount Everest. I did find some books that looked very interesting and upon inspection, loved the pictures and information I was able to find. 2. the fitness search I cam across a book called ultimate new York Body Plan by David Kirsch, which was a good book it had exercises with pictures and descriptions. 3. My last search I found a lot of books of western history I found a lot of books on the indians, Lewis and Clark and general history books. Very facinating! This would be great for research papers, and reports. Also I had a patron in mind who loves history who has trouble reading because of failing eyesight. This probably would work for him, because he can enlarge the print, since it is web based, to a size that he is able to read. I plan on mentioning this to him next time I see him!

1 comment:

Jane Heitman Healy said...

Hi, fpl! It is easy to get lost in this resource, isn't it? I agree that it is good for research. You can dip in and find facts from credible sources. Your idea of using it with vision impaired patrons is a great one!