Tuesday, March 2, 2010

SIRS Discoverer and Researcher

When I looked up Lindsy Vonn on SIRS Discoverer, I found 6 articles, 3 had pictures, and they all had a moderate reading level. Discoverer was easy to navigate. I liked that from a glance you could see if there were pictures, activites and reading levels in the article before you even opened it. The articles were recent and relevant.

When I looked in Country facts for Bahamas. I found a map and picture of the flag. They also offered teacher resources, facts, population, geography and weather, economy, government, and history. The database features are nice, they have lots of information and can help with reports and research, or even some fun fictional articles!

On SIRS Researcher I picked abortion for the leading issue. It had a lot of good information and artlicles, along with timelines, charts, statistics, and pros and cons.
Under the curriculum pathfinders, each heading had a wide variety of sub headings to narrow your seach. There was a lot of information under each sub heading and there were some interactive articles that were fun!

1 comment:

Jane Heitman Healy said...

Yea, LeAnn, you found some good stuff! I also love how you are thinking "Bahamas" while we are still in the snow zone here. :)