Monday, March 8, 2010

Proquest

I actually did two searches, one was on polycythemia, which is a blood disorder, and I found the articles on that were all way over my head! I didn't know a lot of the medical terminology so I switched and did a search on wind generators, There were 89 articles and they ranged anywhere from policy, types of generators, new designs, and practicality. I found these articles much more user friendly. When I did a search through publication, I tried librarian and found 4 publications, mostly related to schools, I then tried public libraries, and found 1 publication. They all were interesting reading. I am really glad they have the full article button or you could really waste some time going through articles. I was really amazed at how many periodicals are in proquest, you could have a lot of fun browsing through some of those periodicals!

1 comment:

Jane Heitman Healy said...

Hi, fpl! I'm happy to see that you found the pot of gold that is Proquest! We think it is easy to use and covers a lot! As you discovered, it would be easy to spend too much time here, as one thing leads to another. Thanks for your observations.
BTW, save your "polycythemia" search for Gale Virtual Reference and try it again there.